Smoky Bar Triggered Deadly Asthma Attack...Reuters Health reported on February 11 that, according to the reports of researchers, a woman in her late teens died from an acute asthma attack triggered by secondhand cigarette smoke shortly after arriving at her job as a waitress in a bar in Michigan. They said it was the first reported case of an immediate death caused by secondhand smoke. "She didn't have any other possible known causes of death," said Dr. Kenneth Rosenman, who oversees three state public health surveillance systems. Cigarette smoke is known to trigger acute asthma attacks. "We know that particulate levels from secondhand cigarette smoke in bars like this reach sufficient levels to set off an asthma attack," Rosenman said. "She was perfectly fine when she went to work," Rosenman said in a telephone interview. "After about 15 minutes, she had an acute asthma attack and collapsed on the floor. The autopsy clearly indicates she died from asthma," said Rosenman.
For the full story: click here.
1. Opportunities to shoot!
2. sticking to my diet
3. I'm becoming a good cook
4. morning coffee
5. first signs of Spring
1. Barabara Harrison is a terrible announcer
3. winter weather